Skip to main content
logo print
How you apply for a course at Holmesglen will depend on the type of course you're applying for and what type of student you are. See below for details.

Find the program you are interested in. Click the Apply Now button. Only courses open for direct application will have an Apply Now button. You will be taken to an online application form. It should only take five minutes to complete and you do not need to provide any documentation.

If you are not sure you meet the entry criteria, the contact details for the faculty can also be found on the same course page, or you can search by faculty area for assistance with your application.

Your application will be reviewed by the faculty and you should be contacted within two working days. You may be accepted directly into the course. Some courses may need you to provide further evidence of pre-requisites, submit a portfolio or attend an interview. 

Holmesglen offers many full-time certificate, diploma, advanced diploma and Bachelor-level programs through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).  Year 12 students should apply via Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).

Each course page has a How To Apply section and this section will let you know whether you need to apply via VTAC. 

Find the course you would like to apply for and check the How To Apply section. It will also tell you if the course has extra entrance requirements, such as an interview or a portfolio of work.

Some courses require you to download and fill out a VTAC Supplementary Application Form and submit the form directly to Holmesglen. Details will be in the VTAC Guide or on the relevant course page on this website.

Your application via VTAC must be made online at

Applications open early August and timely applications close late September while late applications close early December.

VTAC charges an application fee. If you apply after the timely applications closing date, VTAC charges a late fee.

Refer to VTAC website for all important dates.

If you have any questions about your application, please contact the faculty delivering the program. The contact details for the relevant faculty is listed on the course page.


VTAC Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS)

Holmesglen supports the VTAC Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) for the following categories:

  • Category 1: Personal information and location (now incorporating Non-English speaking background)
  • Category 2: Difficult circumstances
  • Category 3: Disadvantaged financial background
  • Category 4: Disability or medical condition

The SEAS program allows selection officers to grant special consideration for program entry to applicants, but SEAS consideration does not exempt you from meeting the program entry requirements.


To apply for an apprenticeship or traineeship with Holmesglen, you’ll need to:

  • Find a job as an apprentice or trainee.
  • Register with an Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC). You and your new employer will need to contact an AAC and sign a training agreement. You'll be issued with registration number, called a 'Delta number.'
  • You and your employer must notify the ACC that Holmesglen Institute is your nominated trainer. This must be noted on your AAC registration.
  • Holmesglen will contact you when you've registered with an AAC and you have your Delta number to arrange your training schedule and assist with your Holmesglen enrolment.


Head to our Higher Education students section to find out more about admissions and applying for Higher Education at Holmesglen.
Head to our International Students section to find out how to apply to study on-shore at Holmesglen as an international student.

Applying for credits, RPL
Credit is the term covering Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT) and Exemption in degree courses.

All information is correct at the time of printing but subject to change.

Copyright © 2020 Holmesglen CRICOS Provider Code: 00012G RTO-0416 ABN: 40 096 756 729