Skip to main content

Student Services

Are you looking for support to achieve your educational, career and personal goals?
Student Services at Holmesglen is here to help. Our qualified and experienced team can respond to you quickly and effectively – and adheres to a strict code of ethics at all times. So explore our resources and support services now.

For more details, please visit Student Services at your local campus or contact us.

Looking for some fun, looking to meet some new friends?

As a Holmesglen student, you can enjoy all great value recreation and activities organised by our Rec Team. This is a fantastic way to start your friendship base at Holmesglen.

To find out more about upcoming activities, please refer to our 2018 Recreation and Activities Book or contact Student Services directly. Please carefully read our Terms and Conditions before booking.

Medical doctors are available at our Chadstone and Moorabbin campuses during the semester.
Please call or visit Student Services to make an appointment. Bulk billing applies, so remember to bring your Medicare Card or Overseas Student Health Card to your appointment.
Campus Contact Appointment times (subject to change)
Chadstone  (03) 9564 1649 Tuesday: 9am - 12pm
Wednesday: 9am - 12pm
Thursday: 2pm - 5pm
Moorabbin (03) 9209 5680 Tuesday: 10am - 1pm
Thursday: 10am - 1pm
Friday: 2pm - 5pm
We offer free and confidential student counselling in the following areas:
•    Welfare: Financial, legal, housing, government subsidies and more
•    Study-related: Returning to study, study skills, stress management, motivation and more
•    Personal: Relationships, confidence, adjusting to change, addictions, mental health and more
•   Visit our Career Counselling page

We also run regular talks and discussion groups on topics such as study skills, stress management, relaxation techniques, life skills and career planning – with others available on request.
If you need special consideration or additional support due to an illness, injury, medical condition or disability, our Disability Officers can help. Visit disability support page 
Service  Service on offer 
Services for students Student Services (at Chadstone, Waverley and Moorabbin) regularly advertises job openings for students. We also have counsellors who can help you:
  • Write resumes and cover letters
  • Respond to key selection criteria
  • Develop your interview skills
  • Improve your telephone techniques
We also offer the Graduate Employment Service to help you find a job after you graduate.
Services for employers If you have a full-time, part-time or casual vacancy, we can let students eager to enter the workforce know about your opportunity.
To advertise a role, email it to or call us on (03) 9564 1649.
Holmesglen has an Indigenous Education Consultant (IEC) who is here to:
•    assist and support Indigenous students
•    provide activities and opportunities to engage with Indigenous culture
•    run the Koori Scholarships Program
•    offer career counselling, personal counselling and disability support.
We also work with faculties/departments to help them:
•    increase enrolments and employment opportunities for Indigenous students
•    improve capacity to satisfy Indigenous students’ needs
•    enhance staff capabilities in helping Indigenous students.
To contact our IEC, please call (03) 9564 1649 or send an email to
The Learning Skills Centre (LSC) exists to help you with your academic and study skills. See list of session times 
Type  what we offer 
All Holmesglen students Student Services regularly lists student accommodation options which are:
  • Close to or within easy access of our Chadstone, Moorabbin or Waverley campus
  • Typically share accommodation in private houses, units, flats or bungalows
  • Only available to current Holmesglen students
  • Available for personal viewing at Student Services only (no appointment necessary)
Apprentices from rural and regional areas Student Services receives limited private home listings for apprentices living in rural and regional areas, who need temporary accommodation while training at our Chadstone campus.
We can email you what’s available – but cannot guarantee suitable accommodation at any given time. 
International students (Homestay) Holmesglen owns a number of houses within the community. They are an ideal option for international students studying at our Chadstone, Waverley and Moorabbin campuses.
Learn more about Homestay
Emergency accommodation
If you are in crisis and need emergency accommodation, please contact:
  • The Melbourne Youth Support Service (MYSS) on (03) 9614 3688
  • Launch Housing on 1800 825 955 for 24-hour homelessness assistance.
  • Lifeline for 24-hour personal crisis support on 13 11 14
Student Services counsellors are also available by appointment during working hours to help you with your emergency accommodation issues.  

Advertising student accommodation vacancies
Student Services will advertise accommodation suitable for Holmesglen learners at no charge. This service is open to the public and all Holmesglen students. 
We look for:
  • Accommodation close to our campuses (Chadstone, Moorabbin or Waverley) – or with easy access via public transport.
  • Share accommodation in private houses, units, flats, or self-contained bungalows.
  • Rentals suitable for groups of students wishing to share a house or unit.
  • Temporary accommodation in private homes for apprentices living in the country, who are training at our Chadstone campus.
To advertise your accommodation: please email

All information is correct at the time of printing but subject to change.

Copyright © 2019 Holmesglen CRICOS Provider Code: 00012G RTO-0416 ABN: 40 096 756 729